Saturday, November 14, 2009

Development / Refinement

I decided the appropriate size for a handle would be 50mm by 90mm. I began to experiment with different styles of handles that would work for this design.

I found that I didn't want to just create a hole for a handle but to create a handle that is both aesthetically and ergonomically pleasing.
With this in mind I thought of creating a handle that curves inside to the shape of the hand once used.

I created the handle design by cutting through the board with the above dimensions along the sides and along the bottom. on the back side of the board I peeled off the skin to the shape.
I then heated the honeycomb till the glue is soft, and then curved the strip to my desired curve shape.







I am very happy with the outcome of the handle, i find it comfortable to use and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment