Saturday, November 14, 2009

Concept One


I wanted to experiment with the use of trials through my design, and also wanted my design to use as least amount of pieces as possible. I like this concept as it covers both of the above ideas. This design is easy for one person to assemble with ease, and because it relies on two separate pieces, confusion is minimised.
The locking system that i intend to use in this design is for the small separate piece to slot in to the larger piece once it has been folded into the triangle shape. I will be cutting three folds at an approximate 35 degree angle to create the shape and have two folds cut at a 90 degree angle for the end sides to fold into the triangle shape.Once the triangle shape is formed the seat is folded into place using a teeth locking system to hold it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment